Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbit Hutch Cover

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by xiabelx, Sep 17, 2013.

1. xiabelx

xiabelx PetForums Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I've just got 2 baby rabbits and I was looking for a recommendation of where I can get a made to measure waterproof cover for their hutch. Their hutch is a second hand hutch with run that was handmade by the previous owner, which is why I will need a custom made cover. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

2. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

You could have a look on ebay-checkout seller c.a.b.j - who I believe makes custom made hutch covers.

However, covers have to cope with some really bad weather, and can get torn by the wind, so it might just be better to make your own weather protection.

We cover top, back and sides with a large blue tarpaulin. Then we use double layer, heavy duty clear plastic, to the fronts of hutches. The plastic is staple gunned to the hutch, and we roll it up and down, according to weather. A wooden batten gives it weight, and we use hooks to secure it in place. Rabbits can see out, but be cosy, in the worst of the weather, or the covers can be partially draped over, when it's not so bad.

Tarpaulins last well. Plastic fronts gradually weather, and we replace them every few years.

Another option is to use clear tarpaulin.

3. geordiegaviino

geordiegaviino PetForums Member

I think i might try this :)

4. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

5. smurray

smurray PetForums Newbie

Hi, I've been looking everywhere for a hutch cover. My mum ended up making 1 for me and she's decided to advertise them.

It's great, check out these photos and details:)

Hutch Covers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice