Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbit has stopped being litter trained

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Claire.Mac, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Claire.Mac

Claire.Mac PetForums Newbie

I went on a weeks holiday and left my indoor rabbit with my parents. She has never urinated outside of her hutch which she used as her litter area and has only one or twiced pooped outwith. She was fine to start with at my parents then progressed to urinated and pooping everywhere. I’ve now got her home and she’s been doing the same at home.
    Has anyone had this issue after leaving their rabbit for a holiday and if so do they tend to return to their old litter habits?
    Thanks

2. Corneal

Corneal Shelly

rabbits pee and poop on what they want to claim as their own, so if they are somehwere new or their home smells like somehwere new they will pee and poop on it to claim it, try scopping up their poopies and putting them in the litter tray, they wil get the hang of it eventually

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice