Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbit given birth

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Abbie Holland, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Abbie Holland

Abbie Holland PetForums Junior

Hi me and my partner rehomed a doe around 3 weeks ago, we noticed she started nesting but we thought it was probably a phantom because the previous owner didn’t mention anything.it turned out she was pregnant, we only knew yesterday after she gave birth to what looks like 1 baby. We’re not experienced so I just wanted some advice, she has had some watery bleeding but nothing bad. My only worry is we noticed her belly is contracting occasionally, I’m not sure if this is normal. She’s eating fine and seems ok. Does anyone know if that’s normal, we noticed the baby yesterday afternoon so it’s probably not even been 12 hours yet. Any help would be appreciated Thankyou

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

It might be worth speaking to a rabbit-savvy vet. They can get babies stuck - especially if the dad was bigger than her.

They have an extremely high pain tolerance so she could easily be masking discomfort.

kimthecat likes this.
  3. Abbie Holland

Abbie Holland PetForums Junior

Ok Thankyou

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice