Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbit eating carpet!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Danielleban, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Danielleban

Danielleban PetForums Newbie

I have a female rabbit (lionhead\lop) she’s an outdoor rabbit but comes inside when she’s out of her cage (I just leave the door open). She has been neutered but anything I do will NOT stop her eating my rug or carpet. I have used chew spray, she has loads of toys and things to chew I have tried to reward her when she doesn’t chew the carpet and my garden to have full roam of. I’ve always wanted her to just be able to roam wherever she likes but she will just come in and chew the carpet. Does anyone have any ways to stop her?

2. Corneal

Corneal Shelly

nope, they just do that,

3. DoricBun

DoricBun PetForums Newbie

I have an indoor bun, and she does the same, no matter what you do they won't stop. They will always go back to it later, or, just wait until you are out of the room.

Mine seems to have specific areas she likes to dig and chew at, all I could do is cover them up with a tile, or a log or something.

The best way I have found is make sure there are plenty of other things in the house that bun can chew instead, toys, wood, cardboard etc.

4. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

Make sure she has a digging box too - they love to dig and this is likely what she's trying to replicate with the carpet. My girl adores her digging box (but she's outdoors, and it has mud in it, so not quite indoor bun friendly)

5. Corneal

Corneal Shelly

I know this doesn’t help your issue, but not all bunnies ruin carpets, my Squidge has a balcony/blanket fort that’s got carpet and he’s never eaten, pooped or peed on it. Rabbits are weird

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice