Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Rabbit doesn’t like being brushed

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by lizd88, Feb 18, 2019.

1. lizd88

lizd88 PetForums Junior

My rabbit has started to moult I try to brush gently with rabbit brush he grunts at me and moves away. I can hold him and do it briefly but does anyone have any other suggestions? Could I try a brush glove?

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Member

Patience and brushing a bit at a time! During particularly moulty times I would catch my old rabbits, pop them on a blanket and give them a quick but thorough brush and they get a treat afterwards. Current bunnies are larger and more difficult to pick up, so with my boy he gets to sit in his litter tray with lots of his favourite dried forage under his nose and only gets to eat it if he allows me a few brushes. Being gentle, bribery, and a little bit at a time helps! If they'll sit and let you hand pick off tufts that helps too.

I do have glove brushes but they tend to run away as soon as they see that coming!!

3. lizd88

lizd88 PetForums Junior

Thanks :) I think best way is to pick him up do quick thorough brush then give him a treat

4. Corneal

Corneal PetForums Member

You can also remove loose fur with a wet hand and then stroke them

5. lizd88

lizd88 PetForums Junior

He should let me do that thanks

Corneal likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice