Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbit Carriers...

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Karsie, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Karsie

Karsie PetForums Member

Hi Again...

My partner and i are having to go down to his for a week nxt wkend. Bubs and Squeak are getting on far better and arent fighting but still arent together all the time, just for short spells and only when we are about.

When we go my mum will be able to come abck and forth and let them out for short spells and feed look after them but she is also due to have hand surgery this week...

So (finally getting to the point!) we are thinking about taking squeak with us down the road and leaving bubs here with my mum for the week, it will be easier for her to look after one bun and then we arent worrying about them getting up to mishief again whilst we are away.

I have been looking at carriers for the car for squeak. The down side is its a long trip 450 miles so the carrier i have been looking at is this one carrier but im really not sure if it will be ok or not.

We are driving down so can easily make plenty of stops and make sure its not to hot ect for her, when looking at carriers some of them are quite small and cause its going to be an all day trip i wanted something that she can at least move about in.

Anyone got any other ideas or advice?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance

x

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

If they get hold of the materials they will eat bits of it, also I asked recently how people transport their buns and someone said in the dark, which might reduce stress levels. Ive often traveled 200 miles in the car with Miffy, shes always been fine, and settles down quickly after the journey although the traveling is not ideal. I normally provide water and hay, and give her a treat if i'm stopping for half hour. I have found that the water bottles tend to leek but theirs no way round it. I use a plastic cat carrier, which is only big enough for her to turn round in, I have used bigger dog crates but she just seemed to slip around in them. I think ur best options are a cat carrier or do crate that u can get a water bottle on

3. Karsie

Karsie PetForums Member

hmmm hadnt thought about her slipping about! Thanks for that Emzybabe :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice