Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rabbit after neutering.

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by TJB00, Mar 14, 2020.

1. TJB00

TJB00 PetForums Newbie

My one year old bunny got neutered yesterday (Friday) he’s been inside ever since and seems happy. Dead flops, hopping around, eating hay and drinking some water.
    However, today I have noticed his poops are very dry and tiny. He hasn’t eaten much of his nuggets since being home either.
    He’s eating veggies I provide, still drinking water and eating hay. I’m just a bit concerned as to why his poops are so dry and small right now? They were fine yesterday evening. Thanks all.

2. Tiffanylarkins

Tiffanylarkins PetForums Member

I think that's normal as it's probably because he hasn't eaten much and he's not getting the vitamins he needs so his poo will be a little dry but anyone please quote me if I am wrong

3. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums VIP

Anesthesia slows gut mobility. Plenty of fibre and water. If you are still worried ask your vet for advice

kimthecat likes this.
  4. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Timothy hay might help. I would go to the vet and get some bio lapis . It helps balance the gut .

5. Raji

Raji PetForums Newbie

Their poos can get smaller when their intake is less and did to medication slowing down the guts
    I think because he’s just had surgery it’s most prob fine, but just encourage fibre content in order for the pellets fo form and to get his gut going again. Plenty of hay and water should do it x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice