Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

R i p toby

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Freyja, May 12, 2010.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I've just taken the twins out for their walk. We always see an elderly gentleman with his son and their old dog Toby a JRT they live just round the corner from us. Tonight I saw the gentleman on his own his son is away on holiday bit Toby was not with him. He waved to us as he walked towards us so we went to speak to him.

I asked if Toby was not upto a walk tonight but in the back of my mind I knew what he was going to say. Toby was PTS yesterday morning. He had been diagnosed as having cancer 4 years ago but was still looking well he was 13 years old and still enjoyed his daily stroll along the gardens across the road.

R I P TOBY RUN FREE OLD BOY

The twins will miss seeing you and your master everyday. Hopefully his master will still go for his walks each night and we'll still see him. He was the first person to know we had lost William as he was just walking past when we were putting him in the car to go to the vets. A lovely old man who I know will miss his 4 legged friend.

2. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

That is so sad. Poor man.
    I hope too that he will still continue to go for his walks.
    Toby must have had a great life with his owner.

R.I.P Toby and run free at rainbow bridge xx

3. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

At Peace Toby...

4. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

RIP Toby. :(

5. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aww what a real shame, I hope he has some friends and family around to comfort him.

I always feel awful for situations like that, pets can sometimes be the only sort of company that some elderly people have and it's so sad when their animal dies and they're left alone.

Run free Toby x

6. Arlani

Arlani PetForums Junior

That's so sad :( At least it sounds like he had a good and long life. R.I.P. Toby:(

7. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Thats so sad, but so nice that he can talk to you. I am so sorry for his loss.

8. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

The old man saw my OH today. He said he hasn't slept since tuesday and it is horrible in his house at the moment. His son should be home some time soon so maybe things will be better then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice