UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little girl crossed the bridge tonight. Mum said the tumour was looking worse, and worried it might rupture, we decided last night she would make the call.
The vet was very good with her, and agreed that it looked pretty close to rupturing. The way she was flinging herself out of the cage to get her dinner, it really wasn't far off, poor thing. In the end, she was more tumour than rat, she really didn't let it slow her down though, and even living alone for a month (with my mum hanging out with her every night), she was constantly upbeat and cheerful, she always was.

If it wasn't for that tumour, I think she'd have just carried on living, before it, she was in great shape, and high spirits, her body was failing her though :(
As many people say, it's better a day too early than a day too late. I don't think I could live with myself if we'd left it to the point of rupture.

Anyway, to my brightest spark, my happy little tomboy, my clever, sweet girl; I love you dearly, miss you already, and I will see you at the bridge, sleep tight with your mum, brothers and sisters sweetie.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Aw i'm so sorry for your loss. I love the picture of her. she looks like such a gentle little lady.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Oh bless her. She was a stunning girl!!

Sleep well Shank, you gorgeous girl!

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Oh no poor shank.
Rest in peace sweet girl.
As you say better a day early than a day too late.
Is that all your ratty clan gone now argent? :(

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, they're all gone now :( End of an era, its weird not having any ratties at all.

Shank was one of those rats....she's up there with Hugo and Axel as one of the ones I seriously connected with, one of my heart rats. She was such an amazing, bright, gentle little girl, she was genuinely brimming with character. I'd be lucky if I ever owned another pet with as much character as her <3

I will have rats again in future, but I don't think I can handle the heartache of rescuing anymore, I'd love some babies from SpoiledRats but in in no position for any pets for a while.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
She was a gorgeous girl, and it sounds like she was a very special ratty. Sorry for your loss ((hug)) Run free at the bridge without your tumour little Shank x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.