Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

R.I.P Rollo the rabbit - mysteriously died

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by xXhayleyroxX, Aug 19, 2009.

1. xXhayleyroxX

xXhayleyroxX PetForums Senior

We noticed something was up with Rolly (aka Rollo) - he seemed very depressed so we took him to the vets. He was a fairly young rabbit and the vet checked him over, gave him antibiotics incase he had an infection, gave him painkillers incase he was in pain, checked for internal lumps and checked his teeth. We also gave him perscribed medicine on the night.

That night Rollo started cleaning himself, as he used to, although he still wasnt eating. That night we moved him back into the living room where he was happier. I saw Rolly shake before i went to bed, and in the morning he was gone.

Why did my Rollo die? And the two chinchillas who also died this month died mysteriously :(

Rollo was a very loving Bunny who enjoyed company and cuddles. He loved head massages and food.

[​IMG]

#1 xXhayleyroxX, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

OOh dear thats a shame..:(

They didnt eat something thye wasent suppose to?? or there food mybe off?

Sorry to hear about your losses..

3. xXhayleyroxX

nope nothing wrong food-wise. he would have died much quicker if it was something wrong with food :(

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

My friends bunny died within a week with a infection of the brain. which lays dormaint for a wile they start to loose weight and loose mobilty she said it was awful. Its something that can be passed form mother to babies at birth but id not heard of it. Her bunny was only 9 months old. She tried her best to keep her going with massive bills from the vet in the end it was kinder to have her pts. Ahhh so sorry you lost your bunny we get so attacted. x

5. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear about Rollo, may he rest in peace xxx

6. xXhayleyroxX

thanks everyone :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice