r.i.p oscar

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by shamus, Mar 6, 2016.

1. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I'm glad you are coping a little better and barney is doing well.
    You are still grieving and guilt is part of that , not having panic attacks or sleeping better doesn't mean you are forgetting him . You will never forget him and you wont stop missing him , but hopefully soon you will be looking at his photos and remembering the happy times and the joy he brought you.

2. Honeys mum

Honeys mum PetForums VIP

Glad to hear you are learning to cope a little better, and that Barney is doing well. He must be a great help to you and your family.Try not to worry, you will never forget your lovely boy Oscar, he will always have a place in your heart. Remember there's a saying, Dogs leave footprints on your heart, and they do.. Loving Barney as well, doesn't mean you will forget him.

As Kimthe cat says, one day soon you will be able look at Oscar's photos, and remember only the good times you had together.
    Thanks for the update, look forward to maybe seeing some pics of Barney in the future.

3. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

heres some pics of barney now growing well,

Attached Files:

Honeys mum and Sled dog hotel like this.
  4. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Thank you for the pictures. He's lovely; and he looks so calm and quiet.

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear that you had a period where you found it so hard to cope again, but glad to hear you are managing to cope again. Please try not to feel guilty. I know that Oscar had a wonderful life with you and never knew a day without love or everything a dog could possibly want and need. Sadly not all dogs can have such a wonderful life but Oscar did and he left you knowing how much he was loved.

Barney looks like he is doing well and growing into a handsome young dog, he has such a kind and gentle face.

shamus likes this.
  6. matty1878

matty1878 PetForums Junior

Thoughts are with you. My boy hasn't got long left and I'm utterly dreading it but also making the most of every moment

7. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

I know how you feel all I can say is try to make there last time with you special and give them what ever they want,i thought I was a strong minded person and don't let things bother me but this absolutely knocked me flat, but I do feel your pain and very sorry you have to lose your best friend.

matty1878 likes this.
  8. Quietus Vet Home Visits

Quietus Vet Home Visits PetForums Newbie

The power of this thread is that it lets people talk about their feelings.

I find my clients cope so much better when they talk - ideally before, during and after.

The 'before' is actually probably the most powerful time to talk. It enables people to get some kind of perspective on what's happening.
    I find it helps people to be more at ease with their decisions.
    There is actually quite a lot to think about, so the more things you settle before the event, the more room you have in your head and heart to handle your pet's passing.

All the best matty

matty1878 likes this.
  9. Honeys mum

Honeys mum PetForums VIP

What lovely pictures, thankyou for sharing. Aww, Barney is such a handsome boy, and looks so contented. I'm sure Oscar would be so pleased that you have him in your life.

Take care.

10. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

thanks for your kind words,yes barney is being spoiled like Oscar was and he is very content and happy.he makes us all happy and makes life feel good again,but there are days that just hit you out of the blue,my whole experience with losing Oscar has been traumatic and devastating but having barney to love and be loved by has made life worth living again.At one point over the months I seriously considered ending my life but got help from the doctors and realised how selfish it would of been on the rest of my family but I just needed the pain to go away,those thoughts have gone and I am dealing with it much better now and it has helped a lot talking to you guys,i just know I will never forget Oscar till the day I die he was closer to me than anybody we had such a bond which is why it hurt me so so bad god bless him my lovely boy forever missed.got to go now as welling up.

Honeys mum likes this.
  11. Honeys mum

Honeys mum PetForums VIP

So glad you are coping and starting to feel better, that's brilliant, well done.You are on the way up now shamus, and things can only get better.
    Just enjoy your lovely Barney, and Oscar bless him will always have a place in your heart..
    Take care, and keep in touch on PF.

matty1878 likes this.
  12. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

merry Christmas my beautiful boy oscie sadly still very missed and Christmas is making things feel so bad again,but got to be strong and be happy.merry chritmas everybody and most of all to all of you that helped me with comforting words thankyou,

Calvine likes this.
  13. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

And a happy Christmas to you and your family. How is Barney now? He must be a big lad by now.

14. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Merry Christmas to you to.

I remember your thread being not long after I joined PF and thinking what a wonderful compassionate bunch were on here.

Hope you and Barney have a fab one.

15. Honeys mum

Honeys mum PetForums VIP

Merry christmas to you and your boy, hope its a good one for you and your family.

16. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

hi all,yes barneys a big boy now and hes just brilliant and I love him to bits but do find myself worrying too much about him and keep taking him to the vets for any silly thing really,but as the vets said its all about losing Oscar why I do it.its so good to come on here and know that you all know what I have gone through many many thanks and will post some pics soon of grown up barney.

17. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

1 year today my beloved boy oscie has been gone, god love you like we did,miss you my best friend forever missed not a day has been gone that I haven't thought about you sweetheart may you be having fun at rainbow bridge.xxxxxxx

18. Sophie17

Sophie17 PetForums Member

I sympathize with you. We will never forget them.

#98 Sophie17, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  19. Caroline Bell

Caroline Bell PetForums Junior

what a beautiful dog.so sorry for your loss.i lost my beautiful jake on march 10th and i can relate to what you are saying.it is so hard and seems so unreal.we are all so heartbroken.hope you have lovely memories of oscar.

20. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

thankyou for your kind words caroline I am so sorry you have lost your loved one,its not easy at all I think you just have to take one day at a time,it does get easier as one year on now I don't have the gut wrenching pain I had but still yearn for oscie,i think you never forget them just you learn to cope.But for me getting my new boy barnie helped a great deal.again so sorry for your loss.