r.i.p oscar

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by shamus, Mar 6, 2016.

1. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

we had to have our beautiful dog Oscar put to sleep yesterday as he was diagnosed with kidney disease three weeks ago and it got him very quick,for the last few weeks we tried everything to get him eating all the renal foods from vets all home made etc..but nothing worked he just would not eat and lost two kg in weight in two weeks and yesterday started moaning and shivering badly so we rang the vets and they said the kindest thing was to lay him to rest as his last bun levels were so high even after iv fluids.he was our life he was nine years old and a foxhound cross by a whippet so one of a kind and was the most kindest and well behaved dog you could ask for we all have cried so much as we miss him and are really struggling to come to terms with it god bless him.gone but never forgotten ever.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      212 KB
      Views:
    Lol byrne likes this.
  2. Honeys mum

Honeys mum PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss, have fun at the bridge beautifull Oscar. Knowing you were truly loved.

shamus likes this.
  3. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

thanyou so much just cant stop crying miss him.

4. Jackien4

Jackien4 PetForums Senior

So sorry to hear this sad news . It is so very upsetting when we loss our lovely dogs . I went through it five months ago. It still upsets me so much but somehow you learn to cope with it. You did the only thing that you could . He is at peace now .

shamus likes this.
  5. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

thankyou I keep second guessing if I did enough for him but I know I couldn't,renal disease is so horrid,

6. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I'm so sorry about your beautiful boy. Their loss leaves a big hole in our lives and hearts. RIP Oscar.

dog loss.jpg

Jackien4, Honeys mum and shamus like this.
  7. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

thankyou so much I cant eat sleep cant stop crying just can not deal with this so many mixed emotions,how do you cope with it?

8. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

I'm so sorry! He was a very handsome boy !

shamus likes this.
  9. Sophie17

Sophie17 PetForums Member

R.I.P. Oscar
    I'm sorry for your loss.

shamus likes this.
  10. Honeys mum

Honeys mum PetForums VIP

I find this always helps me, hope you can find some comfort from it. That is if it's worked.

shamus likes this.
  11. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

thankyou all for your kind words I just miss him so very very much.

12. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

So very sorry to hear of your loss. They are such a big part of our lives and family, it is so heartbreaking to have to make the decision even when we know that this time we just cant make them well again and it is the most kind and right thing to set them free from anymore pain and suffering.

Such a range of emotions hits you all at once, its so hard to cope with, you also feel that you are never going to ever get through it, but you will you just need time to allow yourself to adjust and grieve properly for him. It will although it doesn't feel like it now get better.

I'm sure that Oscar had a wonderful life with you and that he also left knowing how much he was very loved.

May your spirit run forever free in sunshine Oscar.

Jackien4 and shamus like this.
  13. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

he was just such a character and I felt blessed everyday to of known him,he did have a great life we went camping all over the place and he loved it,our whole life revolved around our boy,wherever we went he did.such a great loss.

14. Sled dog hotel

Its not something every one feels they want to do or may need, but Blue cross have a Pet bereavement service, you can email them or talk to them and they will offer support in your loss, there are also helpful leaflets and information that you can download and that can sometimes help with how to cope with your loss. If you feel it is something that you may want to do or may help if you feel you may need it, details are on the link. The service is entirely free.

https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-bereavement-support

Many of us have lost dogs on the forum, so we do understand how you are feeling, so please don't feel you are alone.

shamus likes this.
  15. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

thankyou I am now in contact with bluecross as I need help as am having bad thoughts.

16. branwen

branwen PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss.

RIP sweet Oscar.

17. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

thanks for your comments heres another of my baby.

Attached Files:

Jannor, Sophie17, Jackien4 and 2 others like this.
  18. Sled dog hotel

Our memories are something that nothing can ever take away. Although remembering times is painful at first and brings tears and sadness, in time you will find that thinking of him and the memories of what you shared instead of bringing sadness and tears, will be remembered with a smile again even though it wont do at the moment.

I am glad too that you think contacting the Blue cross service may help you.

shamus likes this.
  19. Honeys mum

Honeys mum PetForums VIP

Aww that is such a lovely photo of your lovely boy., he was gorgeous, bless him.

shamus likes this.
  20. shamus

shamus PetForums Junior

thankyou he was a very handsome boy one of a kind foxhound x whippet with the best character and love for us that had no bounds,when I got up in the morning to go to work he would always give me a great morning welcome and when I came home also.i would dance with him to music and he would spin in circles to the music,the house is just so quiet and empty just so hard to believe chronic renal failure got the better of him in just three weeks,it has devastated our lives.

Honeys mum likes this.