Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

R.I.P my gorgeous Norman and Huey :'(

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by xXhayleyroxX, Aug 7, 2009.

1. xXhayleyroxX

xXhayleyroxX PetForums Senior

Norman + Huey were chinchillas. They died in an unexplained way as follows:

It all started when my mum put a cardboard tube in the cage for the degus and mice, which my dad had given her from the workshop. The same day a half-husky had to come stay as the owner was away, and he stayed 5 days. We had to put the rabbit cage in front of the chinchilla cage for space and also to stop the dog eating the animals. From what we viewed they loved their new toy, they've had tubes like in in history.
    Today i came downstairs to find my mum crying. She said she found Norman and Huey in the tube, dead. They'd been there a while, but we never noticed due to the dog staying and the rabbit cage being there. Huey had his head poking out the tube, he could have chewed an escape route; but he hadn't. Chinchillas can chew through wood. Norman has just entered the tunnel, he could have back out; but didn't.
    It's unexplainable. Why did my lovely boys suffer?

Chilli and Dewey miss them dearly. They have both lost Norman, a dear friend, and Dewey has lost his twin brother. Chilli also misses Hughey as they were best friends and looked identical.

I have no pictures but Norman was a grey marl and Hughey your regular average grey. :'(
    xxxxxx

2. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear of your loss.

R.I.P Huey and Norman:(

3. xXhayleyroxX

thankyou for your kind words xxxx

4. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

What a sad story. RIP Huey and Norman.
    I hope your coping ok. x

5. xXhayleyroxX

i know I wish i knew how they died :'(

and thankyou xxxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice