Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

R.I.P Hamish my beautiful Ragdoll

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Kerry20042006, May 18, 2017.

1. Kerry20042006

Kerry20042006 PetForums Newbie

I haven't been on this site in a while. I got a very upsetting shock this morning, I went into the conservatory to feed out 3 cats and I found Hamish dead on the floor. To say I am upset is an understatement! We only got him in October 2015 and he had just turned 6. We felt like we had always had him, he settled in so quickly and was the most beautifully natured boy. I have got 3 Autistic children and he was brilliant with them. What makes it worse is that he showed no signs of an illness and hasn't recently been unwell. He ate his dinner last night and I remember coming down the stairs in the middle of the night and having to step over him like I usually do. My son saw him at 6:15 this morning walking around and I came down at 6:55 and he was dead! I will miss my giant ball of fluff :(

2. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel, I lost one of my suddenly at the age of 6. The shock is horrific.

RIP Hamish :(

Calvine likes this.
  3. Kerry20042006

Thanks, It was awful I thought he was asleep! When he had his yearly jabs the vet said all was well. To lose him so suddenly is awful.

4. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

It is, it might take a while to come to terms with.

Do you plan on finding out what happened to him?

Hugs x

5. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I'm so sorry about Hamish, I know how awful it is finding them when they go suddenly like that.

6. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

What a dreadful shock for you; I am so sorry you have suffered such a devastating and unexpected loss. My Gatsby was only six, it was bad enough, but at least I knew what it was; his kidneys failed and he only survived a couple of months after diagnosis. But for a young cat with no apparent medical issues to die so suddenly...you must feel awful. ((XX))

7. Caroline Bell

Caroline Bell PetForums Junior

hi kerry so sorry for you to find your boy and also to your family.i lost my dog in march which happened quickly and i am still finding it very difficult.my story is under the heading heartbroken and devastated.my family are a good supoort but sadly it doesnt take the pain away.take each day at a time.it takes time to make sense of it all.hoping you get through this.sorry again carolne xxx

8. Kerry20042006

Thank you for all the replies, I just can't believe he has gone. On Thursday morning, my husband saw him walking around at 5:30am and my son saw him at 6:15am in the kitchen. I went downstairs at 6:55 and he was dead but still warm! I thought we would have him for years yet! I am not going to find out what happened, I quite sure it's a Ragdoll trait from what I have read on the internet. My 12 year old daughter took it really badly, but she finds comfort visiting his grave. We buried Hamish at the bottom of the garden and my lovely husband who is a big softy, made a cross and I got a engraved plaque put on it. I still feel really bad because I am usually downstairs at 5:50am feeding the cats but that day my son was off school so I was down later, I just feel like I could have helped him. My Birman used to tease Hamish, chasing him up the stairs and they used to sleep in separate rooms, they were never that good friends but they tolerated each other. A few days before Hamish died, we found Olly (Birman) asleep under my daughter's bed with Hamish and they never slept together. Our other cat Lily started sitting on the stairs at night something she has never done but Hamish used to do it at night. Olly started sitting on Hamish's favourite chair in the conservatory. I don't know if I did the right thing but I let my other 2 cats see Hamish's body so they would hopefully know why he wont be living with us anymore.

9. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

:( What a dreadful shock . I'm so sorry this happened.

Run free , Hamish.

10. SpencerK

SpencerK PetForums Member

Very sorry for your loss - RIP Hamish, may you sit and chill with my Barns.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice