Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

R.i.p. Ayla

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by jeanus44, Aug 12, 2009.

1. jeanus44

jeanus44 PetForums Newbie

I lost my beautiful little cat Ayla on Monday. She was fine up until a few days ago. then she started deteriorating very quick. She stopped eating.. grooming hersely and she became so weak she could hardly stand. Monday I took her to the vets where she was checked over only to find she had a tumor. It was the worst thing I've done in my life having to make that decision to have her put to sleep. My hubby and I have done nothing but cry since Monday and we are besides ourselves. She was 17 years old and and this has broken our hearts!

2. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear.:( Its heart breaking when they go..Sending a BIG HUG from Sky..
    Sleep Well Little Ayla..

3. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :)
    So sorry for your loss. :(

R.I.P AYLA XXXX

4. avl1982

avl1982 PetForums Junior

We're so very sorry to hear of your loss, we also lost our cat of 21 yrs on Monday and it has been very hard. We also had to have her put to sleep and similarly she couldn't lift her head or stand. We miss her very much and understand the loss you are feeling right now. At least she is out of pain now.

Our thoughts are with you and Ayla.

Abi xx

5. jeanus44

Thank you Abi..I know you must be going through the same thing. Tears and guilt then nice memories. Its so hard isnt it?

6. avl1982

avl1982 PetForums Junior

Yes, it has been very hard as everything seems to remind me of her, as I'm sure it does for you too. But there are lots and lots of memories and she was such a big presence in the house that that seems to live on too.

I'm just taking one day at a time, sometimes feeling better and almost feeling guilty for laughing or for one moment not thinking of her, and then at other moments in floods of tears because I still can't believe she's gone.

I know it will get easier though, and all you and I can do is wait for time to heal the pain. And it will.

xx

7. stellab

stellab PetForums Junior

Aww Im so sorry you have lost her :( Time will make it a bit easier to deal with

8. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss:( R.I.P Ayla and run free at rainbow bridge

9. jeanus44

Thanks to everybody who has replied to my post. Especially Abi who is going through the same as me. I still cant believe we havent got Ayla anymore. Like Abi I keep thinking I catch a glimpse of her. On the window sill, on our bed. When I come out of the bathroom she was always waiting for me. At 7pm every evening she would be waiting for me to sit down so she could jump on my lap etc etc. Then when I go outside all her little spots where she used to lay are all still there. Its so hard without her and I wonder if ever the hurt will go away.

Attached Files:

10. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Im soo sorry for your loss

Run free little one

11. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

oh im so sorry :(

12. softpaws

softpaws PetForums Newbie

I'm so sorry about Ayla.

Hubby and me are going through the same thing at the moment after losing our cat on Wednesday. We're also so heartbroken.

I know what you mean about catching glimpses of her, and looking at all her favourite spots.

She will forever be in your heart.

R.I.P. Ayla

xxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice