Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Quirky little habits.

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Chinquary, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

Got the gerbils out for a play this morning and went to top up their food.
    I'd placed a rodent corn on the cob in their cage a day or two again and they didn't seem too keen. They have however, taken off nearly all the kernels... and placed them in their food bowl, which is a shelf above where the cob was. They still don't seem to have eaten any though!

I thought this was adorable and wanted to share.

Please share your own rodents little quirks with the rest of us. =]

2. SophieCyde

SophieCyde PetForums VIP

Rocky my chinese hamster tries to do everything on her wheel , she drags her food bowl onto it and makes her bed in it , as well as trying to run in it. don't half make a racket :eek:

3. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

lol, daft ham! my maisy climbs up the side of her cage to try and run on the top of the wheel. :blink:

4. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Frost does sad puppy eyes to black mail people into giving her treats.

Willow likes to escape everytime the cage door is opened.

Fern likes to hide when it's time to be put back in the cage. She sits under the shelving unit with just her head and arms poking out and head weaves at me (she's got poor eyesight). It's like she's laughing at me!

Nix thinks the best way to get from the top to the bottom of the cage is to jump off of what ever she's sat on and land on her head.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice