UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bad Joke Generator
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with having the day off today with sheldons surgery I have had tried to take my mind off it by following up on something that has been mentioned to me loads of times

Is Quinn a Russian Blue?

When I originally got her the RSPCA said she was crossed with a BSH but Iv been looking into Russian Blues today and she has all the characteristics and looks of a RB

Does anyone think this could be a possibility

Iv added a picture of Quinn and a pic of a pure bread RB the same age what do you think??

Attachments

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
She could well have some Russian Blue in her- it would explain those lovely big ears that she has. I doubt that a ped Russian kitten would have ended up in a rescue centre (not one bred by a good breeder, anyway!), but she does look like she could have those genes somewhere down the line :001_wub:

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Yes she has those lovely big round whisker pads like a BSH :001_wub:

Could be crossed with a Russian, or could be just a British blue moggy cross?? :confused:

·
7,885 Posts
I can definitely see BSH in her muzzle though - maybe she is a cross between both.
I thought this- plus her eyes aren't quite the right colour for a Russian, they're more BSH coloured. Hmm, she's certainly a unique and very beautiful young lady :001_wub:

·
7,885 Posts
Here is a good site, What blue cat is that? Paw pads should be dark lavender/mauve if she is pure Russian according to this! Although some of the pics are more of the extreme American style Russians than the British

What Blue Cat IS That?
Great site!! Oh, how I love those beautiful Russian Blues :001_wub:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.