Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Quick vet question

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kerolie, Aug 23, 2013.

1. kerolie

kerolie PetForums Junior

The vets I go to has closed already today so can't ring to check but I was wondering if this would be acceptable or not: Hubble has an appointment for suspected anal gland issues so I think they will try to empty them. The vets is a half hour walk away and due to having other things to do tomorrow it means Apollo won't get his own walk, so is it possible or okay to take Apollo with me to Hubble's appointment and have him just stand with me? Then they both get their walk and I don't have to leave Apollo home alone, I will try to ring vets tomorrow and double check anyway but as I said am quite busy so would be nice to get some insight before then, anyone else done this before? Thanks for any replies and sorry for rushed thread

2. WeedySeaDragon

WeedySeaDragon PetForums VIP

I can't imagine it being much a problem.

We've taken multiple dogs to a single appointment if we feel the dog whose appointment it is needs a bit of doggy moral support quite a few times.

We also do it if one of the older ones has an appointment and we want to get a pup used to the vet without going for any kind of treatment.

3. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

I'm sure it will be fine :)

I had to read your post twice though as I thought it read.. Hubbie has an appointment for suspected anal gland issues so I think they will try to empty them :yikes:

4. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

You're not the only one :eek:

I also can't see it being a problem - I've often taken one of the cats & 1 dog at the same time and it's never been an issue

5. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

My sister always takes both her min pins to any appointment for one of the dogs!

As long as Apollo isn't going to react to Hubble showing signs of discomfort it will be fine!
    Rossi becomes very agitated and will lash out when raven becomes stressed when being 'man-handled' so wouldn't be able to take him in with her.

6. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

laughing here I had to read it a couple of times thinking your hubby had anal gland trouble:w00t:

7. SixStar

SixStar Banned

As has already been said - providing Apollo is capable of behaving himself and he has a good 'stay' encase you are needed to restrain Hubble, then I see no problem whatsoever.

My greyhounds always went to the vets together - even when one was admitted for an operation, the other one went too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice