UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure if I should have put this in general chat, please move if so.

Just a quick one, is anyone a member of Britbarf?

If so did your approval take a huge amount of time? I applied at the beginning of the month (opened a yahoo account just to do so), filled in the form they send with all needed info and am still waiting for approval.

Is this normal, or should I assume that for some reason I haven't made the cut?

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Not sure whether that helps but I am a member of the cat's sister site - rawcat - that took a while to get approval but certainly not as long as that though. I think I would just reapply.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't as their groups site says my membership is still awaiting approval.

They ask for a huge amount of info too, and I did answer all questions, maybe I missed something out.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Yup the cat one was the same - nearly had to write an essay as to why i wanted to join and they have that rule that you need to sign ever post you make otherwise it will not get through the moderation process.

I would email: [email protected] and ask what has happened.

I find it very confusing though that they call britbarf but it is about raw feeding, not just barfing - as a matter of fact, very few people seem to be barfing, every one seems to be following a prey diet.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

I believe that if you're not accepted within a certain amount of time yahoo automatically removes your application.

BritBarf also has the same signature rule. They also ask for an ISP email address, I don't mind giving it to the mod, but I asked him not to post it to thr group as I only give it out to family, I use a gmail address for everything else.

Lol, it was like writing an essay, dogs names, ages, weights, breed, how long I've had them, current food, why I'm joining etc. Never been grilled like that to join a group before lol.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
But considering that you said that it still says that your application is being considered, i guess that means that you haven't been rejected yet. Probably just been forgotten :D Go and jog their memory.

I am sure it will all be worth it!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sent an email asking if they'd gotten my application. Hopefully I'll hear back.

By all accounts it's a great place for raw feeders, but it seems you need some sort of of security clearance to join lol.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True. I could be a spy from pedigree trying to convert all those raw feeders to a lovely diet of maize and vegetable derivatives lol.

I get told all the time bones are dangerous, usually followed by 'unless they're cooked' lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.