Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Questions regarding mating

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by BarneyQ, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarneyQ

BarneyQ PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone. I have some questions that I hope you can answer with you experience as google has not given me sufficient answers.
    So, do females continue calling and generally being horny after the male has mated with them? If so for how long has it lasted for you guys? Second, is the vigorous rolling the female does after the male has mounted her signs of successful mating or fertilization? Or is it not necessarily that way?
    Thank you for your time!

2. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

There is no evidence that mating shortens the length of oestrus despite that it is often claimed to do so.

The vigorous rolling, etc, is inevitably a sign of ovulation. You have to bear in mind that females can ovulate without penetration.

BarneyQ likes this.
  3. Lunarags

Lunarags Dedicated cat slave

With some females it seems to shorten the heat cycle, with others it doesn't appear to make a difference

4. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Closing this thread as we already have one on the same topic.:Locktopic
    ( it will get very confusing!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice