Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Questions, rants and happies

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tinktinktinkerbell, Oct 10, 2013.

1. tinktinktinkerbell

Might as well put them in the same topic lol

Is wanting a kiss off your partner and then getting slightly miffed when thy say "in a moment" (when they aren't doing anything important) controlling?

If someone said to you "what's that look for" (when you look at them funny) nasty?

How do you come to making a big decision? Talk to friends? Family? People on here? Write all your options down? Work through them I your head?

I know hamsters are nocturnal but since we started going to bed earlier (OHs choice not mine) I feel like I hardly see them as they do get up quite late, would changing their sleeping pattern harm them? Like say starting to get them up at 4pm?

Rants - I'm growing my nails so I can do my nail art better but they just seem like dirt magnets! Which is surprising since its not like I have them in soil all day (or at all!) how often do you clean under your nails?

I really want my tattoo booked in but I'm just too ill to go out at the mo

Need to get my ear syringed again, hate hate hate it, always get dizzy for ages after it and having to be half deaf for a week when the drops work

Hate going to bed earlier, the days are so boring!

Need to go to the docs too

Happies - my sheer cover make up came

OH is being quite complimentary today

Leonard cuddles

Hopefully ebony has babies

will try some nail art today, either hamsters and mice or under the sea

when my ears have been done it's nice being able to hear again properly

It's getting colder so it means im sleeping better as im not hot and itchy and closer to Christmas

#1 tinktinktinkerbell, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. Toby Tyler

Toby Tyler Banned

1. Kissing should be spontaneous and mutual. Sounds controlling on both ends.

2. No more nasty than looking at them funny.

3. Personally I work it through my head and also use my friends as a sounding board if I can't work it out on my own.

4. NO you should not interfere with the normal sleeping patterns of your hamsters.

The rest I have no comment on other than if you're bored, find some meaning in life. I'm glad you have found some happiness in the day though :D Would love to see the fruits of your nail art later.

PS. Have you ever tried 'candling' for your ears?

3. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Hi Tink,

I would be miffed (and In my OHs case very very shocked) if told in a minute when I wanted a kiss. It would bother me yes, because for my husband to say that if there is no obvious reason for him to do so would be odd. I wouldn`t be miffed as such but would ask him what is wrong. I would not call that controlling.

I often say `what is that look for` never considered it as a nasty question to ask.

Depends on what the big decision. Would most likely consult family or work it out for myself. No offence intended here but I would not ask for opinions on something important on a forum!

Sorry know very little about hamsters.

I don`t actually scrub under my nails they get a good clean while I massage my shampoo in every day.

Sorry you are not feeling well at the moment, hope you pick up soon.

Glad to read you are seeing positives as well as ranty things. When I am p***ed off I tend to only see bad things so well done you :thumbup:

4. tinktinktinkerbell

Heard of candling but never fancied trying it :eek:

Thanks for the other replies, re 1) we often say to each other giz a kiss/cuddle/tickle/whatever and whatever we are doing is dropped (unless it's something important) just something we've always done :eek:

Re 4, damn :( what do I do then :(

5. tinktinktinkerbell

Thank you

It was him saying I was controlling for asking for a kiss then getting miffed

I'm very much like that too but I'm really trying to see positives when I see negatives, then hopefully a time will come that I can see more positives and less negatives

6. Toby Tyler

Toby Tyler Banned

You be like us cat slaves! YOU are at THEIR beck and call!!! :lol:

I suggest trying the candling. For one thing it's quite relaxing. You would be amazed at how effective it is and what comes out. :scared:

In the case of #1, if that is your routine, I would ask him why he did that. What happens if you just plant a kiss on him without asking?

7. tinktinktinkerbell

We've had many an accident planting a kiss on each other :eek: one goes in, the other moves at same time, things clash lol

8. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

a kiss is something to be stolen not asked for ;)
    I mull it over in my head if I have a big decision to make, occasionally writing a list of pros and cons.
    leave the hamsters sleeping pattern alone, it might not physically harm them but it would be un natural for them and unfair to change their life long routine imo
    good luck with the nail art, how often do you wash your hands? mines are washed a fair few times through out the day and don't get too dirty, maybe keep a nail brush by the sink in the bathroom and scrub your nails when you wash your hands after the loo

9. tinktinktinkerbell

I'm always washing my hands (germ phobe here)

Re the hamsters, the thing is I have to wake some of the up anyway otherwise they never get up :eek:

10. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Mmmmm . . .

11. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

Tink you need to join a club or a group out of the house,, you've far to much time to think!!!!!!

12. BenBoy

BenBoy Banned

Do you like reading Tinks?

13. tinktinktinkerbell

No, I don't think I do

I love reading, bought a chick lit book for my kindle for like 60p last night :eek:

14. BenBoy

BenBoy Banned

That's good, I enjoy reading to. Nearly finished an amazing booked about a missing child.

15. tinktinktinkerbell

I prefer easier reading

I go through stages, sometimes I won't read for weeks, others I go through loads of kindle books

16. BenBoy

BenBoy Banned

I am the same. This book is easy to follow, I don't like full on crime thrillers with lots of characters as I get mixed up. I like psychological thrillers like Sophie Hannah, her earlier books are really good, especially little face.

17. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

Ok why don't you think you have to much time to think... I take it you can leave the house,, you don't suffer with agoraphobia do you or fear of crowds (daughter has this can be hard work so i understand if you do)

The reason i say this is your posts always seem, well down, depressing there is always an undercurrent of sadness or discontent, so your partner asked you to wait for a kiss, come on really! this isn't the end of the world just wait...
    nasty for a funny look..........i'm not sure how to respond to that one!!

you want to touch your hamsters,, stay up late, your the one going to be early..don't disturb them because you've changed your pattern

sorry harsh ... maybe.

18. tinktinktinkerbell

It felt like rejection, that he would rather look at a daily mail article than kiss me, tbh if it was flipped and my OH asked me and I said hang on because I was reading something on here, he would be pissed!

I have to be up when he is as he is my carer, no good having different sleeping times!

Guess you missed the happies in my OP then?

19. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

you don't have to be up when his up because he is your care giver... get into your jim jams before he goes to bed so there is no clothing issues, I know from past posts you can cope on your own for a couple of hours why not give it a try.
    I didn't miss your happies but there were not that many..

And this kiss thing, for goodness sake girl sort it out, why are you being so sensitive.. a secret to a happy partnership is to pick your fights,, this is not worth the energy it takes to get cross about.. so he told you to wait...not really the end of the world.. get out the door and do something.

20. tinktinktinkerbell

Right because clothing is the only issue

Right, well you clearly haven't read my pasts posts either properly or at all because that's not true

Funny that because there were more happies than rants

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice