Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Questions about worming puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by kenla210, Aug 14, 2009.

1. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

I know that bringing a new pup home can bring on the runs, but Brody was fine on the day 1, and most of day 2 then I gave him a wormer (Drontal) as was told by the breeder (hi Chloe :)) that he was due and he has had really soft poos since.

In fact a couple have been very squity - liquid with what may be a worm - at least it looks like a worm shaped poo in the middle (sorry for the graphic description).

In some of his poos, there are what looks like bits of rice - again I know this could be worms but on the basis that a couple of times he has managed to get a bit of Daisy's food (nature diet) before I can get him away and that has rice in it, it may actually be rice.

I don't really know what I'm looking for to be honest, so a bit confused :confused:

Does this all sound normal or should I be worried? What time period does it take for all the worms to get out following the treatment?

On the basis that I think I saw worms should I give him more wormer sooner than the 1 month that the vet said, just to make sure they are all gone?

He is absolutely fine in himself - eating normally (in fact he is a right piglet :)) and drinking lots and I'm learning to be very quick with Daisy's food and keeping him away from it!:rolleyes:

2. rona

rona Guest

It does sound like worm segments. Worming quite often upsets their tums but if it goes on for a few days, go and see your vet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice