Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

question

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Emweeze&Treacle, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Emweeze&Treacle

Emweeze&Treacle PetForums Member

right my bundle of joy is an indoor rabbit but when we move him he is goin outside to a hutch with a run attached... so heres my question will the run/hutch be ok on the grass or will he dig his way out... that may sound daft but iv never had a rabbit outdoors before... but due to his nasty habbit of pullin chunks out my carpet i think he needs to be outside.... its quite a secure garden but still does he need to be on paving???

2. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

some rabbits love to dig others just never twig on, buy the hutch and run, watch him over a weekend, if he even thinks about it buy enough paving slabs to fit the run and plonk them on top of the grass, or move him to somewhere else

4. Emweeze&Treacle

Emweeze&Treacle PetForums Member

he likes to pretend dig in the house so on slabs seems to be the best idea

5. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

My rabbits used to get out of the run just from it being on uneven ground so I put chicken wire on the bottom...but it needs to be with quite big gaps so that their feet don't get caught up. This stops them from digging but they can still munch on the grass :)

6. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I've never really had a digging rabbit. Mine seem happy enough in the garden running loose that they don't seem to have a need to dig. Though Rosie does scratch at the ground to loosen the soil then roll in it, of course she happens to be the white rabbit and always looks filthy.

7. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Theres the other issue of animals diiging in, such as foxes, not a good idea to put hutch/run on grass in my opinon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice