Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Question male vs male

Discussion in 'Ferrets' started by hammerfall, Jul 2, 2009.

1. hammerfall

hammerfall PetForums Newbie

My large male Jr is around 3 and an ex worker (prev owner) i got him castrated about 3 weeks ago and just turned his aggression into playful war dances.However i do have another male poley barry around 1 also castrated.In the weeks passed both males wont get on together since the OH sent the other 2 ferrets to a friends house to look after.Now 3 weeks have gone passed will the males get on?everytime there near one another Jr (largest) tries to mount the other so it looks like but wont go after my jill also been done.Im worried males will continue to fight as prev owner had males all together and they were all workers so fought with eachother Jr when i got him had a nasty patch on his head and his nose more than likely a fight i dont want either to get hurt.

2. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

Hi there, i dont quite understand your post though.

Three weeks is not always long enough to let the hormones settle, it may take another three weeks.

Has JR ever lived with another ferret peacfully? or has he always been in wiht hobs who he has had to fight?

3. Pampered pets

how many ferrets are you trying to integrate? and where are you doing this? in each others cages or on neutral ground?

4. hammerfall

hammerfall PetForums Newbie

3 all together at the moment Jr,jiill and barry 2-1 male female ratio

5. Pampered pets

i would wait a few more weeks, if jr is mounting and scruffing his hormones havnt settled.

Also make sure you do it on neutral ground dont add one to anothers living quarters, put some ferretone onto all their necks to distract them,

6. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

I know with cats it can take 3 month for hormones to settle i dont know how long it will take for a ferret but id say more then 3 weeks.* I am sure they will get on given time, but in rare cases some ferrets or loners even females I have one girl who hates other ferrets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice