Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Question for Pug owners

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nonnie, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Ive noticed that the black Pugs, seem to be a lot slimmer and a slighter build to the fawn Pugs, is there a reason for this?

#1 Nonnie, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  2. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

There shouldnt be any difference. They most likely are poorly bred black pugs if they are that different to fawns. The only difference should be the coat - blacks have a single coat, fawns have a double coat.

Blacks can look finer as it can be deceptive, but once you get your hands on them they should have the same substance as a fawn :)

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Theres a woman near me that has five. Her three fawns are very chunky looking, yet her two blacks are slight, and slightly taller.

Obviously i have no idea on their breeding, i was just curious as to whether or not the two colours have a different body type.

Maybe her fawns are greedier :)

4. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Do you mean that they are fat, or bigger boned? I have one fawn who i keep slim as she has a medical problem, and my other two are heavier. They all have decent bone though.

It sounds like the blacks are just poorly bred to me..

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Ive never touched one, so no idea if its fat, or a generally bigger build.

Maybe ill ask her.

6. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

i have 2 of each and they are all about the same, all get the same food and exercise:)

7. rona

rona Guest

Maybe they are younger, all dogs seem to chunk out a bit as they mature :)

8. justenuf

justenuf PetForums Member

Maybe it's the breeding lines........I had a black boy who I used to despair over....could never get weight on him and it followed through his lines.......but friends have black pugs who....how can I put it........maybe benefit from the slimfast diet !!!!!:blushing:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice