UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My six month old has been on naturediet for about 4weeks and is loving it. We changed him gradually from dry food and I still mix a small amount of dry mixer with his naturediet. My question is regarding his poo's (sorry!) which are really soft and sometimes quite runny, not as bad as diahorrea but quite squidgy. Is this normal with wet food? Even on the dry food his poo was never hard but it definetly was a lot firmer and I suppose i'm wondering whether it is not agreeing with him? he is not ill so I don't want to go to the vets and I don't particualrly want to change food again as he loves it! any ideas?

Thanks

p.s he is 12kgs so gets one pack of naturediet a day with a little mixer in two sessions (morning and evening)

G

·
My boy has a bit of a troublesome tum if I give him both his meals as nature diet, particularly the chicken, so I now give one meal nature diet and the other meal Chappie.

·
Registered
18,075 Posts
I had to take Oscar off ND when he was a puppy, as he constantly had the runs. I tried Butchers instead which helped with that, then changed back when he was about 2.

You could try giving just the lamb. Ive heard that some of the others can cause runny tums.

G

·
I use the lamb! and have never ever had runny poo's with it! Infact quite the reverse with one of my dogs. Is there a chance it could be the dry?
Have you tried the ND alone!
regards
DT

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Both our pup and older dog are on Nature diet and it seems to be suiting them. The puppy is on the puppy/junior one and our older dog has the various flavours like fish, chicken and rabbit and seems okay with all of them.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
my pup had the squits but you just have to het the amount your putting with the dry correct, remember to wrap in tighly in clingflim after opening as it quickly airs :)

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
hi Bracken is on ND and he has been fine, he also has dry food mixed with it, but only has 1/2 tub, so maybe reduce the amount of ND and see how that then goes. What dry food is your dog on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies, he is only having mixer with the naturediet as it is a complete food. Do you think it is a problem then? should I try going back to dry food? he was on wainwrights but went completely off it, I perservered for over a month but he was having none of it!!!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Hi, may be a case of trying different things, i know that ND is a complete food, but you can also use a complete dry food, just have to alter amounts you are giving, DT uses Arden Grange with ND also, i use Skinners. Each dog is different my dog cant have JWB, but it suits other dogs, trial and error, hope you can find something that suits him soon.

G

·
Billy is on ND - i can honestly say the only times he has runny poo's is if he has been pinching something he shouldnt!

His poos are firm and he now only has 2 a day so less to clear up too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.