Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Question: do cats stick to their own?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Rob, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Rob

Rob PetForums Newbie

We've got black cats and I'm on feeding duty for the cats that live over the road, who are also black. One of their cats now waits outside our front door for me to come and top up the food bowl, but our cats will just let them sit there - on the other hand, the tabby from another neighbour gets seen off VERY quickly! Do cats favour others the same colour? Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

LOL, it's funny you should say that.

We had a litter with two melanistics and two snows with another who was a strange colour that I still haven't really worked out.

When they were still babies the two black ones used to sleep together and the two snows used to sleep together with the other one alternatiing between the two camps :D

3. amylou8

amylou8 PetForums Member

I did think that as Mazie and Mickey always played with the black cat next door and wouldn't let any other cats into the garden.

Mickey now has a new best friend which is a one eyed, 3 legged cream coloured cat and he stands in the garden meowing until this cat comes and find him!!

Mazie doesn't like Mickey's new friend but for some reason will tolerate him in our garden, I think Mickey may have had words with her!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice