Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Question bonding/mating

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by rebenda, Aug 3, 2009.

1. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

heloo well as u know ive just got a female rabbit and bonded them yesturday still keeping a very close eye on them, they seemed to settle down today getting used to each other, 10 mins ago she who is not yet neutered - will be this week, has started humping him gripping on with teeth and claws, now is this a dominance thing or is she in season and wanting some - sorry lol shes 6months old roughly and should i be worrying? or stopping her? charlie seems very freaked and is just tryna move outta way? help lol thanks for answers:)

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

My two do this, as my doe isnt spayed yet.

Aslong as you keep an eye on them, and make sure is doesnt escalate into a fight, then just leave them too it.

He will move or let her know he doesnt like it. My Norbert just climbs onto a flowerpot where she cant get him.

Once she is spayed, you may need to rebond them, as you will have to keep them apart whilst she heals. It will also take a while for her hormone level to settle.

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

1 of my female guinea pigs used hump the other all the time and she was defiantly in charge, hope her op goes well

4. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

My rabbits are both neutered but when I introcuded them to each other Sugar immediately jumped on Lottie and tried to 'do the business'

First of all she just sat still and tried to ignore him but then he'd pull on her fur and she'd run away. After a couple of days though he just stopped doing that so it might just be a dominance thing...although I would say that she is more dominant than him. V odd particulalrly as they are both neutered!

5. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

'Climbs onto a flowerpot' ...that really made me laugh! Bless him!

6. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

cheers guys theyv calmed down again now i were just worried it were going to escalate but charlie hasnt got it in him someones watching them constantly and theyr alrite atm, god its nervracking business this lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice