Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Question About Show Kit

Discussion in 'Cats Shows and Events' started by IndysMamma, Apr 2, 2011.

1. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

How tight are the rules about what goes in the pen?

I have seen a lot of siamese/rex/orientals with fairly elaborate 'donut' beds in the pens, others with a pad bed/cushion in white fleece... are these all ok?

I'm getting Mabel an orthopedic pad for in her pen to help with her hips - to try prevent her getting stiff - it's all white but was pretty much planning on either:

a) putting under her fleece blanket so just looks like a hump

or

b) puttin in after open judging

what are the rules on beds?

2. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

Think if it is anything distinctive, ie not a white fleece or vet bed that they are at risk of disqualification. I have known pens with white towels to be disqualified. Might be worth asking a show manager.

3. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

hey

I rang them up and they said so long as it's a) white (in case blanket gets 'rearranged' by helpful cat) and b) under said blanket I can have an orthopedic pad for her to make it comfy... watch her sleep in the litter tray anyways :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice