Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Query about false accusations.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JonoBeagle, Feb 7, 2012.

1. JonoBeagle

JonoBeagle PetForums Member

My wife took Boris for his off-lead walk today as I had lots of things to do.

These are here events of the happening.

What advice would you give??

Today I went to Kensington Gardens with my dog, which is a beagle, he is 14 months old. My dog wanted to say hello to another owner's dogs,which were small black dogs. When my dog got close to them, suddenly one of them barked at my dog. Maybe they didn't want to do that. Then the owner said "hold your dog" and I did, but she also said that "you go first because your dog is very aggresive and attacked my dog". I said "no he didn't". Because I looked at them very carefuly. Then she said you are such a liar. So I said "don't talk to me like that" as she spoke to me as if she was above me. She was very angry and she took a photo of my dog and me and she said "I'm going to be asking to shoot your dog next time!" I don't know if she did it or not. But I don't know who I should consult about these things. I would like to protect my dog, because he didn't do anything to them. By the way I am a Japanese, I understand that people sometime are very racist, I'm already living in that area so........

I know here that nobody is racist, but when I am with Boris noone acts like this to us in these situations, or if it is the three of us, but she gets funny questions asked of her when on her own.

Any advice on who to speak to to report that this person is making false accusations or threatening Boris or my wife would be very helpful.

2. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Questions

Was your dog on or off lead
    Were the other dogs on or off lead

3. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Chalk it up to experience I very much doubt if anything will come of it, and ASK if your dog can approach others next time.

4. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

To be honest, so long as their dog doesn't need a vet visit (which they won't if nothing happened), its their word against your wifes. I wouldn't be too worried.

I wonder if its not a race thing, but a gender thing. I find myself people are much more likely to say rude things to me in the street (and undeservedly I might add) but nobody says a peep to my 6'4 husband! :hand:

5. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I know exactly how you feel, my husband never gets the abuse I do when I'm out alone:(

6. Bella Beagle Mum

Bella Beagle Mum PetForums Senior

Your poor wife - some people are just so rude!!

I would chalk it up to bad experience, have a chat with your wife about how sad and boring that horrible dog owners life must be, sit down and enjoy a nice glass of wine then get on with your lives and forget about rude, ignorant people!! Oh and walk in the other direction if you ever see the person again!

7. JonoBeagle

@smokeybear

All the dogs were off-lead.

@everyone-else,

Thanks for the support. Again it is one person, and I realise that some dogs are nervous but 99.9% of the dogs in Kensington Gardens are friendly and playful. It is more the fact that she made a false accusation and a threat. Boris is assertive but he only ever goes to say hello, and never bites (only mouthing when play has started). If he is snapped or barked at he backs off...

I have contacted the dog warden just in case to put our side of the story in in case she is mad enough to carry out her threat... :rolleyes:

We are off for a nice meal now to forget about it, so hopefully all will calm down.

8. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

she sounds like a nut job, Honestly nothing will be done about it she would have to prove our dog bit her e.t.c and even then very little is done about dog and dog attack

Hope your wife is ok,just tell her to ignore it and avoid the crazy women if she sees her again or report her to police for threathening behaviour

9. JonoBeagle

Thanks,

To make matters worse after my wife calmed down, she told me over dinner that after the dog barked, Boris and the two dogs said hello to each other perfectly normally.

:rolleyes:

The more I hear the more nutjob it sounds!!

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Your dog did nothing wrong it sounds like someone ought to be calling the men in white coats for the other woman :D

11. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

She must be a nutjob!!
    Your wife did nothing wrong and neither did your Beagle, you have done all you can, enjoy your meal and try to avoid the other owner if you see her again. :)
    I bet if you spoke to other dog owners in that area they have had a run in with her at some point too :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice