Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Queen too big for Stud?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by tillyfloss11, May 17, 2010.

1. tillyfloss11

tillyfloss11 PetForums Junior

Hi everyone,

As you all have seen, we have a large Maine Coon girl (the lion :lol:) Anyway, she has gone into her third call yesterday so we rushed her to the stud..anyway..He is very willing but he cant get it positioned right..when he holds her neck, his back legs are half way up her back as she is so long!! :eek:

Her tail is also enormous..like a big bush, so we have tried to tickle her back end so she will move it..and she has but he still doesnt be able to "get it in" (sorry for that, but its the only way I can describe it lol)

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated!?

Tilly

2. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

This is a very common problem. The stud will soon work out that he has to grasp her half way down her back. If he is a young boy he just might not have worked out what to do yet, it took my Basil months of trying, very annoying!

Liz

3. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Hmmm no I was going to suggest the tickling but if that doesn't work, I think you may need to give them more time, even a month or so can make all the difference.

4. tillyfloss11

tillyfloss11 PetForums Junior

Thank you ladies,

Big relief to know its a common problem! I will just give them time, if not this time we can try again next time. The stud is 3 so not a very young boy, and he is proven so should be able to work it out hehe!:D

I shall keep you updated! :)

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice