Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Queen gone crazy!

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Elmstar, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

Hi all,

One of our Queens, Keira, seems to have gone completely crazy! [​IMG]

She took a disliking, well psychopathic hatred, to one of our moggies, Minnie, previously and we had to rehome Minnie. Fortunately we were able to find a good home for her but now Keira seems to have lost it completely! :confused:

Her son, a former stud retired early, was neutered yesterday and when we brought him home she went for him in a big way, she only saw him briefly as she forced her way into his room. He was totally shocked and upset as he doesn't have a violent bone in him. [​IMG] It was so bad that at one stage I'd picked him up for a cuddle and she came out from her hiding place and was jumping up trying to get him while he was in my arms!!

Anyway we managed to get her out, eventually, and decided to put her upstairs in the nursery (there are three large cages). However when she saw the 10 week old kittens in one of the cages she went mental again and tried to get at them which of course caused their mum who witnessed it to go for Keira and the fur was flying again!! This was really unusual behaviour as Keira has always really loved babies? [​IMG]

We were stuck for what to do so the only option was to put her in with one of the studs, she looked desperate when she saw the stud and was obviously glad to be there. The problem is that she only had her last lot of kittens on 4th April! I know some people will say this is irresponsible and normally I'd agree but we were really desperate.

Now I know that as soon as she sees her son again she will go for him as once she gets this hatred for another cat it seems to stay with her and she flies at them as soon as she sees them. Does anyone have any idea how we can stop this behaviour?

I guess one option is to have her neutered and possibly\probably rehomed and we're thinking about that, other than that does anyone have any suggestions?

It's such a shame as she is a great mum, when the kids are young, and is a loving cat.

Fiona

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice