Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Queen fails to fall pregnant.

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by kelzcats, Jun 21, 2017.

1. kelzcats

kelzcats PetForums Member

Hi everyone i need some general advice. I have been putting my girl in with my stud boy every time she calls for about eight months now and each time she fails to fall pregnant, she has had two previous litters of two kittens, so she doesn't have many, before with him. I know he doesn't always do the job first time as I have experienced with my other queens most recently with my colourpoint girl who didn't fall pregnant. Although I have just have a girl give birth to 6 kittens and a girl give birth back in February to 4 kittens so he can reproduce. I'm now thinking of getting her spayed. Any thoughts would be much appreciated as to what this could be before I spay her she is 3 years old.

2. lillytheunicorn

lillytheunicorn PetForums VIP

kelzcats likes this.
  3. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Strep G? Which is difficult to test for so most breeders just do the treatment if there are concerns.

Could also be as simple as giving a vitamin E supplement to boost fertility in both cats.

kelzcats likes this.
  4. kelzcats

I read through the article, thing is I cant see where she would have picked chlamydia up from as I have had her from a kitten as well as my other girls and she and my girls have only ever been with my stud by and he is closed stud to only my girls.

5. kelzcats

I treated all my cats a year ago for Strep G as a precaution as I was having problems with kitten reabsorption and kittens born with organs and intestine on the outside.
    Think I will give the vitamin E ago.

6. kelzcats

Which one do you use?

7. kelzcats

Update. I decided to get Betty spayed as I felt there was something wrong, we know when something is not quite right with our cats. Operation went well when I went to collect her the vet said she had polycystic ovaries which was the probable cause of her not getting pregnant.

lymorelynn and OrientalSlave like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice