Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

queen attacking male urgent asap

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by mazcamps, Mar 25, 2008.

1. mazcamps

mazcamps PetForums Junior

just brought my friends queen to be mated only ever used him for mine before, well this queen attacks him if he goes near her why is she doing that please help:confused:

2. clare7577

clare7577 Guest

Hi is she definatly in season? strange cats can take a little while to get used to one another,

3. mazcamps

shes been calling three day and standing for my friends male neuter all day my poor little man is desperate for her now

4. clare7577

clare7577 Guest

Maybe she just dont fancy him!!

5. may

may PetForums VIP

When you put the queen in with the stud you should keep her in the queens quarters first until she settles down, this can be overnight in the studs quarters
    so they can get used to each other but the queen cant cause the stud any damage :) the next day IF the queen is ready to mate she will let him:)

6. mazcamps

not possible hes bloody georgous 090.jpg

7. mazcamps

thankyou may but he live in the house as do my girls wen seperated its my bedroom oh he doesnt spray how looky am i:D:D

8. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

He'll start spraying soon enough. They are fun when they spray everywhere, especially when they choose to do so on an electric socket and put your electric circuit out the night before a show in January, causing you to miss the show as the electrics have to take priority - been there done that!

Seriously, have you got a kitten pen, or a big carrier (Atlas 40 or similar)? If so, shut the queen in that for the night. I've only ever once organised an indoor mating with a strange queen and on that occasion I took him to her and he stayed there for a few days. He was an exceedingly friendly and outgoing cat but even so, even with a calling queen in the house, he took time to settle.

Stud pens are easier, to put it bluntly the queen can't get away and the stud knows what she's there for :) The most unpromising queen ever brought to one of my boys went home pregnant, even though I was convinced no mating could have taken place.

9. may

may PetForums VIP

I have a stud boy that has never sprayed :D yes we are very lucky;):D:D

10. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

A frisky queen does attack/Slap the boy as in "Not Yet-i'll let you know when" and the boy will carry on reguardless ,as long as she's not for ripping his whiska's out or damaging him -she'll soon be doing the after sex roll and slapping him for being such a bloke;):D:DIt's how they "court":D

11. How old is she? iS IT HER FIRST MATING?

12. mazcamps

thankyou all for your advise i do have a kitten pen but kittens are in it i think ill send him visiting i dont stud him out hes only for my own queens it was a favour for a friend i do have a new problem though if anyone has any thoughts i have one queen that had two kittns two weeks ago one died she was unable to look after them she has now started beating my male neuter up why they all used to get on so well going to spay next thursday thanks

13. mazcamps

How old is she? iS IT HER FIRST MATING?

yes it is her first mating shes 13 month old third calling

14. I had the same problem with one of mine girls; she "changed" three !!! boys before let one "in", LOL. She's been very choosy. The third only get succesfull becouse his breeders sat with them in his cat run, chatting for hours....spraying Feliway (which affected them too! LOL) and thanks God in the end of week three my madam gave up.:)

15. mazcamps

maybe i should drug her then lol :D:D:D

16. mazcamps

thought id just mention new to breeding cats used to do dogs only had two litters two weeks ago wast the first and i no the breeder should mentor me but shes a waste of space even when you can get hold of her so i may rely on u lot sometimes hope tats ok thanks in advance for all the future questions i may have :eek:

17. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

She's still got one kitten?

18. mazcamps

the other queen is lookin after her i looked after them for the firts week then when tia gave birth she adopted them but the little boy didnt make it i revived him but he was too weak

19. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

She's a mum protecting her baby from potential "preditors",whether she's looking after her remaining kitt or not,her hormones are probably a bit up in the air and with your recent visitor ,even if they're not in the same room but still inside/outside near each other their will be atmosphere -as you have a queen who's recently given birth and a visiting queen and a horny stud and a kitt-so things can get a bit tense:)

20. mazcamps

thanks must have been a blonde moment i never thought :eek::eek::eek::eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice