Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

quail

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by jenny22, Mar 30, 2011.

1. jenny22

jenny22 PetForums Member

we bought six quail 5/6 weeks ago, 3 escaped within days, the so and so things flew sideways when I was expecting them to go up, one went completely doo lalley and bashed its head aginst the roof and died, the other two are the most miserable creatures I have ever kept. these are jumbo quail our others were much smaller and more containable, we were told they were point of lay but we have now had them so long I despair of them ever laying at all

jenn

2. chickenrun

chickenrun PetForums Member

My mate keeps crap loads of quail and his were very jumpy at first took awhile for them to calm down, everytime you walked by there runs or butterflys and birds flow over they would go loopy funny to watch tho.

Aint quail ment to lay eggs quite early in life?

Cheers

3. jenny22

jenny22 PetForums Member

yes I thought they were cause they are not long livers. mind you we had tiny quail before and they were fantastic egg layers, we had one that limped and he was called herr flick these cower in the back of the house and dontmove Iput them in a bigger house and run and thats when they escaped and the other hit its head on summat. they were expensive and I really fancy grilled quail for lunch LOL

jenn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice