Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pyrenees Horse Trek

Discussion in 'Horse Riding and Training' started by Red Rum, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Red Rum

Red Rum PetForums Newbie

Hi,

Thought this might be of some interest to some people. I started riding when I was 3 years but I've had a 9 year break due to getting married and having kids. Recently i've lost alot of weight and as a result have started riding again. I can't believe I've managed so long without horses!!!

As A result i'm doing a sponsored horse ride in the Spanish Pyrenees this June, for the charity Scope, the charity that helps people with cerebral palsy.

I'm so excited as I have this wonderful excuse of having to ride a minimum of 3 times a week (in the name of training) and am riding a lovely Irish Draught called Captain.

However, I am also aware that this is no easy hack, it requires 6 hours a day in the saddle (with breaks thankfully for both horse and rider) and I'll be meeting my horse the day before we ride.
    Plus I have to raise a certain amount of money by April, which is harder than it sounds!!!

So, I approach this task with obvious mixed feelings, If anyone is interested in more info, take a look at JustGiving - Gayatri Cook's Fundraising Page thats my site with a picture of me and Captain on it.

Does anyone else think I'm crazy for doing this or is it just me?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice