Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pygmy hedgehog - how to set up a CHE in a vivarium

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by Sophiebianca, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Sophiebianca

Sophiebianca PetForums Newbie

Hiya! I'm researching setup for a Pygmy hedgehog as I'm hopefully getting one in a few weeks. I've found a vivarium that's big enough but the forum won't let me link it. It's a 115cm by 49cm by 56cm made from beech wood with a sliding glass door.

I've chosen to use a ceramic heat emitter, but I'm unsure of how to set up a CHE as I can't find any videos online of them being use for hedgehogs in vivs, only in cages and I don't want to get a cage as it's dangerous

Can anyone explain how to set it up (will I need to drill holes?) and if possible recommend some safe brands / links to CHEs and automatic thermostats? I just want to make sure I'm completely prepared and ready so it's safe :)

Thanks so much! :) x

2. Ashtonspets

Ashtonspets PetForums Newbie

Im not too sure on how to set it up but I've bred hedgehogs for 4 years now and find heat mats work well. I just drilled a hole in the back of the viv and threaded the cord through then plugged it in at the back :)

3. MrJsk

MrJsk PetForums Member

Hey @Sophiebianca

Did you manage to figure it out or find another suitable heating method?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice