UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Putting a puppy in kennels?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Teddy-dog 
#1 ·
Hi guys

We have been considering getting a puppy for a while now. I am due to have 6 weeks holiday so ideally this would be the best time to get one in terms of training, getting it gradually used to being alone for a while etc.

My main worry at the minute is that we have a holiday booked abroad 8 weeks after the holidays begin (I am changing jobs) and even though we haven’t even got a puppy yet I hate the thought of putting it in kennels for 2 weeks at that age (approx 20 weeks). Would it be stressful? Or am I being a worrier?

The only people to trust with dogs have 3 already so I wouldn’t want to ask them. Not sure I like the thought of a house sitter either. Others previously said they took their pup back to the breeder, but I would feel cheeky asking.

Any suggestions? Experiences?

Thanks

#2 ·
I don't see why you couldn't ask the breeder. You could ask them before you purchase and that might help. If you don't ask you don't get! The worst they can say is no and then you can think of other options or waiting for a pup.

Have you been researching breeders yet? Good ones may have waiting lists so I wouldn't leave it too long before getting in touch if you're six weeks is coming up soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.