Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Putting a good friend down.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by octorarocruiser, Sep 12, 2008.

1. octorarocruiser

octorarocruiser PetForums Newbie

This morning I euthanized my 13 year old lab. (Babe). She had lots of good moments despite her pain from arthritis. She would continously moan and cry out in the night. She needed to be coaxed to get off her bed and go outside to relieve herself. Once I got her moving she enjoyed retreiving a stick. Although they were short throws that she could find easily. She wagged her tail and would retreive until she was exhausted.
    The biggest reason behind our decision was Babe's incontinence. As she spent nights in our home, she was a problem. My wife and I made the decision together to put her down.
    We live in a rural area. I dug her a grave overlooking the creek that she loved.
    I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat that won't go away. My wife and I have owned many dogs over the years but Babe was perhaps the gentlest of them. She is survived by our Brittany, Tiger. They were inseperable. Tiger will miss her as will my wife and I.

#1 octorarocruiser, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice