Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Put my mind at ease please

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cj02xx, Feb 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cj02xx

cj02xx PetForums Newbie

I’ve recently bought a staffy she’s currently 11 weeks old she was sold as a full staffy but her legs seems quite long for her age and people have been saying she’s either an amstaff or amercian bully staffy mix does anybody know what mix she is or if she’s a full English staffy please I’ve posted a photo of mum and dad as well

Attached Files:

2. Pricivius

Pricivius PetForums Member

Is she KC registered? Were the dam and sire? If so, what does the KC registry say?

3. cj02xx

cj02xx PetForums Newbie

No she’s not and they weren’t either , do you have any idea what breed she is ?

4. Kaily

Kaily PetForums Senior

She is a beautiful dog, can't you just love her for what she is?

5. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

She’s very cute :) Without papers it’s impossible to know whether she’s ‘full staffy’ or not. She certainly has a good dollop of staffy, but there may well be something else in there somewhere down the line, or she may just be a staffy that hasn't been bred from dogs that meet the standard.

6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

She looks Staffy enough to me ;)

I would just say she’s a Staffy if anyone asks and be done with it.

7. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Is it genetically possible to have a tricolour pup produced from those parents?

Non KC staffs are everywhere and vary wildly from the standard, probably due to being mixed back somewhere down the line as well as carefree breeding. Mum and dad definitely look like this type. With the risk of BSL, you are probably safest just calling her a staff or staff x without getting to much into things :)

8. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Was she sold as full staffy though? Did the advert not have her listed as "xxl x staff bull"?

Attached Files:

9. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

Both parents would have to carry the tri gene.

BlueJay likes this.
  10. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I continue to be amazed by your super sleuth abilities.

11. cj02xx

cj02xx PetForums Newbie

The advert said that yes but when we went to view them they said they was full staffy as none of the two seem like American Bullys to me ?

12. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

American bullies dont have a strict standard either, especially not in the uk. Them and the wonky off standard staffies everywhere tend to just look like generic bull breed types... which the parents do look like to me.
    She was listed as a cross and she doesnt have any papers. She's a staff cross :)

Does it make a difference to your plans for her?

13. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

Hang on so you went to view xxl American bully puppies but then brought one because they told you it was a Staffy and now you think she might not be a 'true' Staffy o_O

14. cj02xx

cj02xx PetForums Newbie

No it doesn’t affect my plans with her I’m quite relived you’ve said she’s a possible mix of American bully and staff as I was concerned she was an amstaff which is banned in the uk

15. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

She could still potentially be seen as type, as BSL goes on mostly measurements rather than checking any DNA or similar. Make sure she grows up to be a perfect citizen and stays out of trouble, and hopefully you'll both be just fine!

16. cj02xx

cj02xx PetForums Newbie

"MontyMaude, post: 1065739869, member: 1316749"]Hang on so you went to view xxl American bully puppies but then brought one because they told you it was a Staffy and now you think she might not be a 'true' Staffy o_O
    No before I reserved her I asked about that and they said she was so I was obviously confused but I’m not bothered if she isn’t a full staffy I just want to know the mix as some people have been saying she’s an amstaff which isn’t banned

17. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I'm confused as in one of your cropped pictures in the first post looks like it says possibly says Pit Bull, definitely says 't bull' and now you are worried about it being a 'banned breed'

O2.0 likes this.
  18. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

I thought exactly that; that's what sent me off investigating in the first place!
    The 't' is the last 'f' in 'staff bull' from the listing titled "Xxl x staff bull puppies" :)
    So still mixes that could fall foul of the law, especially without any papers proving otherwise

Sarah H, O2.0 and MontyMaude like this.
  19. cj02xx

cj02xx PetForums Newbie

"MontyMaude, post: 1065739877, member: 1316749"]I'm confused as in one of your cropped pictures in the first post looks like it says possibly says Pit Bull, definitely says 't bull' and now you are worried about it being a 'banned breed'
    It says xl x staffy on the post not pitbull I wouldn’t intentionally buy a banned breed and she may not even be one I just wanted to know what mix as some say American bully x staffy and then others call her an amstaff which is banned

20. cj02xx

cj02xx PetForums Newbie

"BlueJay, post: 1065739878, member: 1391855"]I thought exactly that; that's what sent me off investigating in the first place!
    The 't' is the last 'f' in 'staff bull' from the listing titled "Xxl x staff bull puppies" :)
    So still mixes that could fall foul of the law, especially without any papers proving otherwise
    Here’s the advert un cropped

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice