Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Purizon chicken and fish dry food - smelly, dark, loose and alot!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by bluebirman, Jun 12, 2019 at 2:05 PM.

1. bluebirman

bluebirman PetForums Junior

Hello All,

ive recently moved my 4 year old working cocker from james wellbeloved over to Purizon chicken and fish.

No particular reason than i believe that Purizon is a better quality food and highly rated.

He loves the food however i have noticed that he goes alot, its also very dark, loose and smelly.

doesnt seem to bother him in any way but i just wanted to get peoples opinion. could it be the high protein?

thanks

dan

2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Possibly. Purizon is a high quality food, you might need to cut down on the amount you are feeding compared to the amount of JWB. Did you make a gradual switch over from one food to the other?

wee man likes this.
  3. bluebirman

bluebirman PetForums Junior

So we had two weeks of moving him over, slightly increasing the amount each time. hes been on the food for 2-3 months now.

i currently use the feeding guide on the packed which is less than the JWB food. Maybe i should look at reducing the amount some more

4. wee man

wee man PetForums Senior

I think your suggestion of reducing the amount even more would be a good start.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice