Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pup's first bath!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by IndyGoJones, Jan 23, 2012.

1. IndyGoJones

IndyGoJones PetForums Member

Been out for some gorgeous walks recently, got lots of pictures to post!

Today we went into Rowen and along the Roman road beneath Tal Y Fan all the way up to the burial chamber (neolithic). We were going to go as far as the top Tal Y Fan but we were all a little tired from the very steep climb.

Anyway, on the way back down, Indy decided to roll in something very smelly and now needs a (first) bath! The problem is, he's very unsure of water, he won't go near the sea and even seems to dislike putting his paw in a puddle! I don't want him to get a complex, so does anyone have any advice about the best way to bath him?

Thanks, as ever :D

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I use the shower on warm and don't spray in the face/eyes.

If it's a first bath if you have a shower I'd stand him in the bath and use the shower to wet him all over.
    If you have someone to help get them to feed him lots of tiny pieces of chicken or other yummy treats so he associates bath with good things.
    Shampoo him and rinse - keep tellin him he's good, keep treating and stay calm.
    Expect to get very wet :eek: ;)

I rub mine down with a towel then lay a towel on the floor for them to rub and roll themselves on and finally wrap them in a big dry towel and make sure they stay warm until completely dry.

Good luck :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice