Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy's first walks

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lols82, Nov 1, 2012.

1. lols82

lols82 PetForums Member

My wee fuzzball can get out for the first time on Saturday for his walks,and how many times per day would be recommended to take him out walking? Baring in mind he's really small and young just now still (14 weeks).

2. LauraJane9

LauraJane9 PetForums Senior

When Sully was first able to go on his walks (14 weeks too) we walked him to the nearest field (5 mins away) and when we got there we just sat down and let Sully get used to everything and with us just sat down he was able to explore a little at his own pace (he didn't go more than 6 feet away at first though).

We kept the walks short and just stayed in one area while he got used to being outside.

We were more taking him to a field to play and sniff around more than walking him for the first few weeks.

3. lols82

lols82 PetForums Member

I'll do that with him :) I'm looking forward to getting him out and about, he's also going for his first trip to the groomers, he's went extra fluffy the past week.

4. LauraJane9

LauraJane9 PetForums Senior

Sully was a very fluffy puppy and when he was young and people constantly stopped us to fuss all over him, a 5 minute walk would take us 15 minutes so be prepared for that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice