Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

puppy yelping

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by merlin39, Jun 9, 2010.

1. merlin39

merlin39 PetForums Member

Me again sorry! we are new to dog ownership!
    my 10 week old pup was playing about 3 days ago when he started yelping as if he had hurt himself, after about 10 secs he stopped, then the next day he was out in the yard and again started yelping and holding his back leg up, again 10secs later stopped and is fine no limping and full of bounce as usual! i assumed as he sempt fine after the event that is is just shock rather than serious injuy. he has done it again since but after 10secs or so stops and seems fine.
    someone at work suggested he may have pulled a muscle or tendon? he is going for his injecitons tomorrow so will ask the vet to look over him but when i manipulate his legs and hips he shown no tenderness!
    any thoughts?

2. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

I wasa going to ask if you'd manipulated his legs, and you have... Have you tried, with his collar on, holding his collar, and making him walk a few steps to see if he yelps? Also, have you checked his pads, as he might'e got something caught in them?

Definately ask your vet tomorrow :D

3. merlin39

merlin39 PetForums Member

he hasn't showed any discomfort on the lead but i must admit i haven't checked his pads closely, i'll have a good look!!
    thanks
    Merlin

4. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

No worries. Our Holly has cut both her front pads, mainly on the "palm" bit, however she never limped at all. I only realised when I was about to give her a bath, and looked at her paws, no complaining, but a little sudocrem on them each day and they are healing up :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice