Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

puppy with the diarrhoea on and off for a week?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by hcol, Apr 19, 2019.

1. hcol

hcol PetForums Newbie

hi We restently got a puppy off a family shes 10weeks old every since she had cames shes had diarrhoea on and off? I know the old family kept changing her food branding everyday but since we got her shes been on one brand of dry food. The diarrhoea is becoming less. We notice that when shes poo's first she struggles then she goes (that poo is normal) then she goes again and its diarrhoea staight after? We can't get into see and the vet until tuesday. shes still eating, Very active. The old family didnt deworm or flea her so we did last friday. Any advice?

2. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum watching the world go by

Hi welcome to the forum.
    Guess it could be the worming treatment? My pup has a bit of the same problem after every worming and takes a day or two to get back to normal poo. The vet gave us some prebiotic paste to help and he is a little so and so for eating anything including the local park goose droppings! They also said to fee plain chicken and rice which also helped. Good luck and congratulations on your new addition.

Jamesgoeswalkies likes this.
  3. wee man

wee man PetForums VIP

Your puppy may not have been wormed and the problem could be related to worms.
    Also your puppy may be having a problem digesting the grain in his food (that is if you are feeding a dry kibble).
    Grain is not easily digested by our pets especially such a young stomach. Try using a Grain free kibble, but take care with the change over.
    The best food for such a young puppy and the easiest to change over to, is a raw diet. Our dogs digestive systems and teeth are designed for this product. Change over can be very quick and without any problems.
    My last puppy that we bought was changed from kibble to an all raw diet within 2 days.
    Good luck I hope you get the problem solved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice