UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I'm new to the forum so I hope that you can help me...
We have a new puppy who's 9 weeks old tomorrow. We've had him for a few weeks now (Black Lab), the breeder supposedly was feeding them on Wagg Dry Puppy Food Chicken & Rice, but when I fed him this it went straight through him. I persevered for a few days but it didn't improve.
I spoke with the vets and they recommended Science Plan, Vet Essentials Chicken & Rice. Well, he was like a different dog, he absolutely loves it and his poo hardened up almost immediately. The only huge downfall with it is the price, £11 for 2kg, this has lasted him a week.
Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative that hasn't got all the additives in it? My old Golden Retriever used to have a similar problem and could only eat Pedigree dry food, I think it was for sensitive dogs, or was just plain Chicken & Rice, I can't quite remember.
Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, but of course if I have to buy Science Plan I will do.
Thank you for reading...
Splat

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
If you want dried Natural Dog food company foods has sorted out a lot of dogs with sensitive stomachs and is all natural with nothing added

Not sure on price though as its a good while since I brought any, but have used it in the past

Natural Dog Food products are 100% Natural

If you want wet Nature diet is also another good natural one

Naturediet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.