Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy - when did you...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Bracken&co, Nov 22, 2021 at 9:38 PM.

1. Bracken&co

Bracken&co PetForums Junior

Allow your puppy to be out of his/her crate/pen during the night?

Bracken is 7 months old today.
    He has been in a pen or a crate overnight since we got him but he has started whinging in the morning before I am ready to get up.
    I have been debating letting him have the freedom of his room - the room with his pen, toys and water - overnight.

2. Emlar

Emlar PetForums Senior

Rufus has managed to worm his way into sleeping in our bed with us.....so no advice from mr I'm afraid! :Bag

3. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

If you're happy there is nothing he can chew in that room, such as wires/cables, then by all means, try it for one night and see how he does.

At 7 months, he should be fine.

Happy Paws2 and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

only my last 2 pups were in a crate at night. Well before 7 months I would have thought though they are 11 and 12 now and I do not have that good a memory. In fact I know one was earlier. My old dog died when the pup was 6 months and she took it very badly and had to sleep on our bed for a night or two (a few years in the end!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice