Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy - What's the best food?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Kate1234, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Kate1234

Kate1234 Banned

Hi!

If you don't know who I am or what brings me here please feel obliged to look at my introduction post titled: Hello from the Walker Family.

Well we have just added an new addition to our family a chocolate cockerdor puppy and the breeder says that they have been fully weaned off the mother's milk and are now on puppy food. I know this to be true as when we saw the mother her teats had dried up. He has been feeding them Alpha Sporting Puppy Food (dry) and I wondered how good this is for the puppy? They seem as happy and healthy as any other litter would be but I understand this is not always the key to knowing their condition when it comes to health. Any experience on this food?

Speak to you soon,
    Kate
    Xx

2. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

We all have our own opinions on what is the best food, but there are sticky threads here that a member has put together which you might find helpful. There is also an independent dog food comparison website that scores foods on a rating of 0 to 5. Have a look at www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk. You can enter your dog's weight, age etc, and set filters so you only see scores of, for example, 4 and above. Then you can order the foods by daily feeding cost so you can see what you age getting for your money.

Personally I think you could do better than Alpha, but if your dog does well on it then great. If you are changing though, remember to do it gradually so you don't upset the puppy's tummy.

3. Kate1234

Kate1234 Banned

Thanks for this advice I will definitely have a look at this website. Yeah, one of the reasons I haven't changed it yet is because I didn't want to upset the puppy's tummy by doing it immediately. Dramatic change isn't always good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice