Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy weeing lots

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by owenmorris, Sep 30, 2013.

1. owenmorris

owenmorris PetForums Newbie

We have just got our little beautiful Westy (Bella) last Wednesday, she is 10 weeks old and what is happening is she seems to wee a lot, what makes it worse is we take her out regular all day and last thing at night and yet she will do nothing outside but then come into kitchen and have a wee, could she be drinking to much water any advice appreciated tnx.

2. Meezey

Meezey Slave to the Black & Tans and the Trundle Bugs.

There is a sticky about it in here I think, but basically pups don't know right from wrong and where to p and where not to p us humans are odd to them with our fixation about their ablutions lol

I would be taking her out as soon as she wakes up, after eating and playing, it generally works out about every 30-40 mins, stay out with her, and use a prompt such as "go p" and as soon as she goes, praise like made, I mean like you've never seen a dog p before and treat, if she doesn't go watch her like a hawk in the house, and get her back out again in about 20 mins, if she goes in the house, lift her, and place her outside, don't tell her off, just up and out, take her to where you want her to go wait and praise. She's got a tiny blabber, she will not be able to make it through the night, you'll need to be setting your alarm and getting up a few times and taking her out. Good luck.

3. owenmorris

Thanks Meezey we will keep trying and we will get there thanks again

4. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

My 10 week old pees almost constantly it seems ><

She too will go outside but not toilet until she comes back in :( in the 3 weeks I've had her she has done one poop outside!? I've sat out there for half an hour straight after her showing signs of needing to go and still nothing :(

I've looked on the internet for advice and a lot of places suggest confinement! No way I can keep this little tyke in her pen all day, she will go mad!!

I've put a feeding, drinking, sleeping and toiletting schedule making sure she gets fed at the exact same time everyday so I can predict her drinking & more importantly her toileting.

I also take her out every day so I make sure this is done at the exact same time everyday so her sleeping and drinking is more predictable too.

It's really helped to start getting control over her toileting!

Keep a very close eye on your pup so you can catch her in the act, when you do take her out immediately! If you don't catch her, you can't do anything about it.

Have a special treat to feed her when she goes in the garden too, this has helped with Runa and we are making very slow progress.

5. owenmorris

Thanks for advice I'm sure Bella will get there soon as I'm doing what everyone is saying you included, Bella is mainly weeing inside but poops regular outside and wee's to tnx again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice