Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy Training Costs in London

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Pepe Martinez, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Pepe Martinez

Pepe Martinez PetForums Newbie

Hello All

First post snd first time dog owner. So far so good but we need some 1 2 1 puppy training. I’ve been quoted £495 for 4 sessions, 2 of which are on Zoom. Is this the going rate? If anyone has any recommendations in East London, it would be much appreciated,

2. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

What specifically do you need help with.

If you make a list it’s probably easier, and will help you prioritise the things you most want to fix.

You’ll probably get enough advice here to go forward, if you’re prepared to put in the time and effort.

3. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

4. TTouch

TTouch PetForums Senior

Hi and welcome............ and no that is outragous
    https://www.bark.com/en/gb/dog-training/east-london/ also look at local adverts, ask other dog owners who they used and what the cost was

5. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Go on the Kennel Club website and look for training clubs as they will be much cheaper. If you ring they may be able to offer you a one-to-one.

6. Emlar

Emlar PetForums Member

The trainer we use for a our puppy classes offer 1-2-1 sessions at £95 per session... I would definitely expect them to be in person though, not on zoom.

7. Mum2Ozzy

Mum2Ozzy PetForums Member

To be fair, I'm in Yorkshire and our training school charges £110 for 1-2-1 which is 2hrs so four sessions would be £400 anyway. I would expect them to be in person though.

8. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

I no longer need to go but the trainer I used currently charges £30 for an hour 1:1. She does the KC awards so definitely worth checking their website.

9. StormyThai

StormyThai Moderator
    Staff Member

Is the trainer a behaviourist or just a trainer?
    £100+ per hour seems a bit steep for an hour, even in London.

This is in South London so not sure if it will help but give Amy a shout...if she can't help she will be able to point you in the right direction :)
    https://www.ameysdogservices.uk/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice